The FT230X is a compact bridge to basic UART interfaces with low power consumption (8mA) and operating up to 3M Baud. The IC has been used extensively as part of a USB UART TTL 3.3v cable which is marketed by a Chinese company called Sinforcon. The FT230X IC has been used in the cable and it is USB 2.0, USB1.0 compatible. It also has an integrated 2048 byte EEPROM and is sold as a USB UART TTL cable supporting TTL 3.3v or TTL 5v.
FT230X – Full Speed USB to Basic UART
The baud rate as advertised for the cable is with a 256kbps baud rate, 28AWG *4 core or 6 core and also supports TX, RX, CTS, RTS, VCC and GND. For most operating systems there are only two types of drivers available. This being the Virtual COM Port (VCP) drivers and direct (D2XX) drivers. The VCP driver emulates a standard PC serial port such that the USB device may be communicated with as a standard RS232 device. The IC has been typical used in USB Wireless Modems as well as USB to RS232/RS422/RS485 converters like the one that has been explained above. The FT230X IC has a number of uses and hardware features such as what has been listed below.
- It can be used as a single chip USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface such as USB cable to serial cable connections;
- USB protocols are handled on the chip so there is no need for any specific firmware programming;
- The IC comes with a 2048 byte EEPROM which can be used for device descriptors;
- The EEPROM can also be used for CBUS I/O configuration;
- There is integrated clock generation (6MHz, 12MHz, 24MHz, and 48MHz);
- The IC does not need an external clock;
- The baud rates of 300 baud to 3 Mbaud is possible;
- The 512 byte receive and transmit buffers makes data throughput high;
- The CBUS I/O pins is configurable;
- Faster charging batteries as it has a battery charger detector for USB;
- There are also configurations for bus powered, self powered and a high-power bus;
- The IC also comes with a UART signal inversion option;
- The current of 8mA (typical) and USB suspend current of 125uA (typical) current.
These are some of the features.
With the UART driver for the IC you do not need to write a USB driver for the product using the IC. This helps to lower production cost as the IC is used it a variety of products. The IC is also used in an number of evaluation and demonstration boards and kits. There is also a number of other uses such as the DB9 to 2.5mm stereo jack adapter cable which is used on products for Kenwood.
Incoming Search Terms:
- FT230X Basic UART
- ft230x uart driver download
- ft230x basic uart driver download
- descaragar driver ft230x basic uart
- ft230x basic uard
- ft230x basic uart driver windows 7
- telecharger driver ft230x basic
- ft230 basic uart driver
- ft230x basic uart download
- driver ft230x basic uart
- ft230x basic uart驱动
- ft230x basic uart sterownik
- ft230basic uart
- ft230x basic uart ドライバ
- ft230x basic uart driver windows 10