There a a number of drivers for this device however the Google USB driver give the least problems during installation. You can follow the instructions below much like the other Nexus mobile phones in the range. The Nexus 5 USB driver from LG has also been added which does not require the installation process as the Google Driver. See which method works for you. For the Samsung range you need to look here.
Nexus 5 USB Driver (Method 1)
- First you must disconnect your Nexus 5 from your computer;
- Now Run/Start the LG United Mobile Driver.exe file which you downloaded;
- Simply follow the on-screen instructions;
- Once the installation is complete connect your Nexus 5 to the computer.
- 1. Click Start menu and right-click on Computer.
- 2. Click Manage.
- 3. Click Device Manager in left pane.
- 4. In Device Manager window, expand categories and locate the device
- 5. Right-click on the device name and select Update Driver Software
- 6. Click on Browse to find the location of the downloaded driver file.
- 7. Find the files you had just extracted for the Google USB driver and click on the .inf file;
- 8. Click on Next button to install the driver.
- Nexus 5 USB Driver (Method 2)