If the taskbar has become unclickable then you will need to take a drastic measure in order to restore these. The problem normally arises when you cant right-click on the clock to see the full clock or the Windows key no longer works. You will need to follow the the instructions below to restore the functionality of the taskbar. You will need to remove the packages on Windows 10 and then restart the computer.
Windows 10 taskbar unclickable
- Press CTRL+SHIT+ESC
- This brings up your Task Manager
- Click on File, then click on Run new task
- Type Powershell into the bar (Tick Create this task with administrative privileges)
- This opens the Powershell into a Blue DOS screen
- Copy and paste the following in and wait until it completes
Get-AppxPackage | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online
- Once done you will need to restart and the taskbar will now work.
- Press CTR: + ALT+ DEL
- Click on Sign Out
- Then sign back in
- The Windows button now works