If you are having problems with your Sony Mobile Phone then consider the following steps on fixing your mobile phone. You will need to download some of the software from the Sony website in order to start the fix. This is mainly for the Sony Xperia mobile phones.
Always backup all your data before you upgrade your software on your phone. This has been added below. Here are the steps I took to fix the problem:
- Firstly you will have to download the latest SUS version from Sony on this link http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/
- Secondly you will also need to download the latest PC Companion software at the following link http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/
- Install the software and reboot once the installation has completed.
- Turn off your computer firewall and antivirus temporarily
- You now have to Unmount your SD card on the phone and then go to Settings>Storage
- Now connect your telephone to the PC using the USB cable
- Update the software
- Update your apps
- Turn on your antivirus and firewall again
- Mount your SD back and it is done.
If you are looking for other issues then the following might help:
- First Disconnect the phone from your computer;
- Type CMD into the Windows start button
- Type in the following command: (English Operating System)
C:\Windows\system32>net localgroup Administrators local service /add
- Type in the following command: (Spanish Operating System)
C:\Windows\system32>net localgroup Administradores “servicio local” /add
- Hit enter
- 1) Reboot phone to Recovery Mode.
- 2) Wipe Cache Partition.
- 3) Restart phone and connect to PC.
Settings > Storage > Menu icon (top right)
Media device (MTP), setting the checkmark instead on Camera(PTP)
See: Xperia M2 driver