This is the USB to RS232 driver for the USB adapter. Also called the usb rs232 driver. In order to setup the driver you need to download the correct USB driver file and run the installer in the file. Once this has been installed you then need to reboot the computer. Once this is done plug the USB into the adapter as this is a USB to serial driver.
USB rs232 driver
- Right-click on the “Prolific USB to Serial Port”, then click Properties.
- Now click on “Port Settings”. Then click the “Advanced” button.
- Always uncheck “Use automatic settings”.
- Now select “Input/Output range”. Click on the “Change Settings” option.
- Type “02E8-02EF” in the Value box. This value will change the port to COM 4.
If COM 4 is in use, you must choose another port. The values for each port are.
- COM 1: 03F8-03FF
- COM 2: 02F8-02FF
- COM 3: 03E8-03EF
- COM 4: 02E8-02EF
Enter the value, then click OK. Click OK again, then click Yes when the “Creating a Forced Configuration” window appears. Click OK.
If you are having problems then check if you have installed the driver correctly. This is done by doing the following on your computer to check the installation. If the USB driver has been properly installed, “Serialio.com USB Serial Port” or “Prolific USB-to-Serial COM Port” will be displayed. You will note that this is a USB to serial driver.
Windows Vista: Start >> Control Panel >> System >> Hardware >> Device Manager