This is the USB driver for the RealTek RTL8187 Wireless Driver Windows 7 version. Check your hardware before you install this driver as there are a number of versions for this adapter. See the website for other USB Realtek drivers.
RTL8187 Wireless Driver Windows 7
Note that this is a Vista driver listed below. If you have another operating system then download the file listed last on this page. The Vista driver is the latest but they did not make the latest version compatible. If you want to run the latest vista version on another OS then run the driver in Windows Compatibility Mode. There is also a Windows XP driver added. See also the Realtek RTL8187 Windows 10 Driver Errors and the Realtek RTL8187B Wireless USB Driver.
Realtek RTL8187 Wireless USB 2.0 Driver (Windows XP/2000/98)
Realtek RTL8187 Wireless USB 2.0 Driver (Windows 7)
RTL8187 Wireless Driver Windows 7 above was the last driver uploaded. You can run this on Windows 10 but then you will need to run the driver in compatibility mode of Windows. It does work most times but that is not guaranteed. Below I will show you how to do this. Download any of the files and for this one I am going to use Windows 7 as an example.
- Extract the files
- Right Click on the setup.exe file
- Once you Right Click at the bottom of the menu is shows Properties
- Click on Properties
- Then click on Compatibility
- See above that #1 is the compatibility tab
- See that #2 allows you to test your compatibility for the file you clicked on
- Also #3 allows you to change operating system
- Then again #4 allows you to chose the operating system which in either Windows 7 or other Windows versions
So to sum up. Since the driver was written for an earlier version of Windows which doesn’t run properly in the current Windows. Then you can try the compatibility mode in Windows.
- Right click on the program icon, click on Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for box and select the Preferred Windows.
- Click on Apply and click OK button.
Update: We have now added the Windows 7 driver for the wireless USB connector. If you are looking for more drivers then search this website for more information. Note there is also a driver for the Realtek RTL8187B Wireless USB Driver on this website.