If you cannot get your Samsung phone to connect and getting an error then this might just solve the issue for you. This is for the Samsung Kies system and the steps are listed below. If this does not work then see Samsung Errors for more possible solutions. If these do not work then see advice from a mobile phone store in your area.
Repair Samsung MTP Driver
These are two possible solutions.
Here are the simplified steps to repair the Samsung MTP driver:
- Connect Your Phone: Use a USB cable to connect your phone to your PC.
- Open Device Manager: Click the Windows icon, then type ‘device manager’ and open it.
- Locate MTP Device: Under ‘Portable Devices’, find ‘MTP’ with a yellow mark. If not found, check under ‘Other Devices > Unknown device’.
- Update Driver: Right-click on ‘MTP’ or ‘Unknown device’ and select ‘Update Driver Software’.
- Reinstall the Driver (if needed):
- Download the latest Samsung Mobile MTP Device Driver.
- Uninstall the current driver from your computer.
- Install the downloaded driver.
- Important Note: Be cautious while installing drivers as it can potentially cause damage or data loss.
This is the second solution you can also try.
- Go to Setting => Application => Development, then ensure that the USB Driver Debugging has been unchecked.
- Connect your Samsung phone to PC using the USB Driver cable and then Turn on the Samsung Kies and it will try connecting to the phone.
- Select MTP USB device in Device Manager, now you have to select Update driver, then you will have to manually select the USB Mass Storage. Note that without these steps the computer will refused to mount the phone storage even though it was in USB Storage Mode.
Samsung Galaxy Prime Driver:
The file is located here:
Incoming Search Terms:
- Samsung galaxy grand prime USB driver
- grand prime usb driver
- samsung grand prime usb driver
- samsung usb driver for windows xp service pack 2
- usb driver samsung grand prime