The Bafo USB to Serial driver has been added below for download. You can also search the other USB to serial drivers on this website such as the Aten USB to Serial Driver and also the FT232R USB UART Driver and the USB to RS232 Driver.
Search this website for more details about installing the USB to Serial drivers if you get lost and cannot install this software. Mote that this was the last driver for this adapter from Bafo. This uses the same chipset as the Prolific Serial adapter which can also be found on this website. If you are looking for the Linux version then see the link below on how to install the USB-Serial adapter for Linux which would very very similar. The Linux drivers for this will already be on your Ubuntu operating system.
Bafo USB to Serial Driver Install
- Download the zip file below and click on the file inside
- Once you click on the file BF-810_DriverInstaller_v1.11.0.exe tjhe software install will start
3. Click next and the software will install very quickly
4. The Bafo Serial Adapter is now install. What we now need to do is complete the setup
5. Since this is a RS232 Serial Device (i.e.: Modem) you need to connect it to the USB port
6. Turn off your Modem. Plug in the DB 9 connector of the USB-Serial adapter into your Modem
7. Plug in the other side of the cable into the USB port.
8. Now only turn on the modem
9. Turn on your computer
10. If you already installed you modem then you will need to go to Start – > Settings – > Modems.
11. Open the Modem Properties then you must select the Modem
12. Now click on Properties. In the General tab you will need to change the Port value to USB to Serial Port (COM3)
13. You can now use the USB to Serial Bridge Cable to connect RS232 Serial 56K FAX Modem with Windows dial-up function.
Bafo USB to Serial Driver Troubleshooting
- Check the settings by going to Control Panel – > System – > Device Manager
- Now check check the COM Ports (COM & LPT).
- If you cant see the ports the you need to go into the BIOS of the computer
- BIOS setting – > I/O configure setting – > Onboard Serial Port 1 (It should be enabled)
- Restart the computer and it should now show and the Bafo Serial Adapter should work.
- Now go to Control Panel – > Add New Hardware
- Check Ports (COM & LPT) and install hardware and show it where the driver is located.
- Reboot and that should be it!
Windows 2K / XP / Server 2003 / 2008 / 2008 R2 / 2012 / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32 & 64-bit)
How to install and setup RS 232 on Ubuntu FT232R USB UART