Download this the FT230x basic UART driver or FT230X – Full Speed USB to Basic UART. The FT230X is a compact bridge to basic UART interfaces with low power consumption (8mA) and operating up to 3M Baud. This with the usb\vid_0403&pid_6015&rev_1000 hardware ID. The IC has been used extensively as part of a USB UART TTL 3.3v cable which is marketed by a Chinese company called Sinforcon. The FT230X IC has been used in the cable and it is USB 2.0, USB1.0 compatible. It also has an integrated 2048 byte EEPROM and is sold as a USB UART TTL cable supporting TTL 3.3v or TTL 5v.
FT230X Basic UART Driver
The baud rate as advertised for the cable is with a 256kbps baud rate, 28AWG *4 core or 6 core and also supports TX, RX, CTS, RTS, VCC and GND. For most operating systems there are only two types of drivers available. This being the Virtual COM Port (VCP) drivers and direct (D2XX) drivers. The VCP driver emulates a standard PC serial port such that the USB device may be communicated with as a standard RS232 device. The IC has been typical used in USB Wireless Modems as well as USB to RS232/RS422/RS485 converters like the one that has been explained above. The FT230X IC has a number of uses and hardware features such as what has been listed below. See also rs232 max length as well as the ft231x USB uart driver as can be seen there as well as the RS232 – RS422 Converter.
- It can be used as a single chip USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface such as USB cable to serial cable connections;
- USB protocols are handled on the chip so there is no need for any specific firmware programming;
- The IC comes with a 2048 byte EEPROM which can be used for device descriptors;
- The EEPROM can also be used for CBUS I/O configuration;
- Likewise there is integrated clock generation (6MHz, 12MHz, 24MHz, and 48MHz);
- The IC does not need an external clock;
- The baud rates of 300 baud to 3 Mbaud is possible;
- The 512 byte receive and transmit buffers makes data throughput high;
- Likewise the CBUS I/O pins is configurable;
- Faster charging batteries as it has a battery charger detector for USB;
- There are also configurations for bus powered, self powered and a high-power bus;
- The IC also comes with a UART signal inversion option;
- The current of 8mA (typical) and USB suspend current of 125uA (typical) current.
These are some of the features.
Likewise with the UART driver for the IC you do not need to write a USB driver for the product using the IC. This helps to lower production cost as the IC is used it a variety of products. The IC is also used in an number of evaluation and demonstration boards and kits. Lastly there is also a number of other uses such as the DB9 to 2.5mm stereo jack adapter cable which is used on products for Kenwood. See also Motorola c650 as well as PL2303TA USB to RS232 DB9 Serial Driver.
FT230X UART installation
The driver below is an INF file and you can install this by downloading the zip file. Now extract the file and click on either the 32bit or 64bit directory. If you want to install this driver on Windows 10 then you can click on the 64bit directory.
From there you will see the next files. You will then need to right-click on the file called “FTDIBUS.INF” and then click on the new menu and then click on ‘install’. Windows 10 will now install the driver for you. Windows 10 will show you that new hardware has been found and that you now have the driver installed.
This driver was released in 2021-11-12 and it is version 184.108.40.206U which is the universal ft230x basic uart driver.
The hardware ID of this hardware is usb\vid_0403&pid_6015&rev_1000
How to install and setup RS 232 on Ubuntu FT232R USB UART
X86 (32-Bit) FT230x Basic UART (Version 220.127.116.11)
X64 (64-Bit) FT230x Basic UART (Version 18.104.22.168)
VCP driver – 32bit/64bit Windows (Version 22.214.171.124)
Likewise see also the Windows CE 4.2-5.2: Windows Mobile 2003, Mobile 2003 SE, Mobile, Mobile 6, Mobile 6.1 ,Mobile 6.5, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, ; Server 2008 R2, Server 2012 R2 and Server 2016
VCP driver – 32bit/64bit Windows
Windows 10 and Windows 11 only.
D2XX Direct Drivers
Windows (Desktop) 2021-07-15
Windows RT Driver (ARM) (2014-07-04)