This is the RS232 driver for the USB adapter. In order to setup the driver you need to download the correct USB driver file and run the installer in the file. Once this has been installed you then need to reboot the computer. Once this is done plug the USB into the adapter.
- Right-click on the “Prolific USB to Serial Port”, then click Properties.
- Now click on “Port Settings”. Then click the “Advanced” button.
- Always uncheck “Use automatic settings”.
- Now select “Input/Output range”. Click on the “Change Settings” option.
- Type “02E8-02EF” in the Value box. This value will change the port to COM 4.
If COM 4 is in use, you must choose another port. The values for each port are.
- COM 1: 03F8-03FF
- COM 2: 02F8-02FF
- COM 3: 03E8-03EF
- COM 4: 02E8-02EF
Enter the value, then click OK. Click OK again, then click Yes when the “Creating a Forced Configuration” window appears. Click OK.
If you are having problems then check if you have installed the driver correctly. This is done by doing the following on your computer to check the installation. If the USB driver has been properly installed, “Serialio.com USB Serial Port” or “Prolific USB-to-Serial COM Port” will be displayed.
Windows Vista: Start >> Control Panel >> System >> Hardware >> Device Manager
Incoming Search Terms:
- usb to rs232 driver
- rs232 to usb driver
- usb rs232 driver
- rs 232 driver for windows xp
- serial to usb driver
- rs232 usb driver
- rs232 driver
- Uptech Usb To Rs232 Driver
- usb serial controller driver windows 7 64 bit download
- usb serial driver software free download
- windows 7 download free full version 64-bit usb to serial driver
- usb serial port driver windows 7 32 bit
- RS232 USB converter driver
- rs232 usb dönüştürücü driver
- driver rs232 to usb
- download usb to serial driver windows 7