This is the RS232 driver for the USB adapter. In order to setup the driver you need to download the correct USB driver file and run the installer in the file. Once this has been installed you then need to reboot the computer. Once this is done plug the USB into the adapter.
- Right-click on the “Prolific USB to Serial Port”, then click Properties.
- Now click on “Port Settings”. Then click the “Advanced” button.
- Always uncheck “Use automatic settings”.
- Now select “Input/Output range”. Click on the “Change Settings” option.
- Type “02E8-02EF” in the Value box. This value will change the port to COM 4.
If COM 4 is in use, you must choose another port. The values for each port are.
- COM 1: 03F8-03FF
- COM 2: 02F8-02FF
- COM 3: 03E8-03EF
- COM 4: 02E8-02EF
Enter the value, then click OK. Click OK again, then click Yes when the “Creating a Forced Configuration” window appears. Click OK.
If you are having problems then check if you have installed the driver correctly. This is done by doing the following on your computer to check the installation. If the USB driver has been properly installed, “Serialio.com USB Serial Port” or “Prolific USB-to-Serial COM Port” will be displayed.
Windows Vista: Start >> Control Panel >> System >> Hardware >> Device Manager
Incoming Search Terms:
- usb to rs232 driver
- rs232 to usb driver
- usb rs232 driver
- Driver USB to Serial (RS232) Converter for Windows 10 64-bit free
- windows 7 download free full version 64-bit usb to serial driver
- usb to serial converter driver free download for xp
- usb serial controller d driver windows 7 free download
- download usb to serial driver for windows 7
- usb to serial port driver for windows 7 32-bit free download
- usb-2 0-serial-driver-windows-7-64-bit
- z-tek usb to serial driver download windows 7
- prolific usb to serial comm port driver download win xp sp3
- usb 2 0 serial driver download free
- usb rs232 driver windows 7 free download