The CP2102 USB to UART Bridge driver you can download below. Silicon Labs who manufactures the CP2102 chipset has stated that this chip should not be used in new designs and to look at other options. The CP2102N is now the recommended chipset instead of the CP2102 which they also make. The drivers for the CP2102 USD to UART bridge are royalty free and it is plug and play compliant.
CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Driver
The CP2102 USB to UART is a plug and play compliant and are also USB 2.0 compliant. You can also see other drivers for the UART such as the FT232r USB UART driver as well as the FT232R USB UART which you will also find on this website. The hardware ID for the CP2102 USB to UART Bridge. The hardware ID “USB\VID_10C4&PID_EA601” uniquely identifies the CP2102 USB to UART Bridge device in the Windows operating system.
This article covers the CP2101, CP2102, CP2103, CP2104, CP2105 and CP2108 USB to UART bridge devices. This will show you how to obtain the port number of a specific CP210X device be this the CP2102 or any other devices in this range of bridges. Note that the vendor ID (VID), product ID (PID) and serial number determine the port number of the device.
The CP2102/9 USB-to-UART Bridge Controller allows you to update RS232 designs to USB using minimum components and PCB space. The CP2102/9 also includes a USB 2.0 full-speed function controller as well as a USB transceiver, oscillator, the EEPROM or in some cases the EPROM, as well as an asynchronous serial data bus (UART) with full modem control signals. See also the CP2102 driver and Installing the CP2102 Driver as well. Download the CP2102 driver Windows 10 below.
With the on-chip programmable ROM you can also customise the USB Vendor ID, Product ID as well as the Product Description String, Power Descriptor, Device Release Number, as well as the Device Serial Number. This can be changed and programmed via the USB connection from your computer. This is the easiest way to setup and test the CP2102 USB to UART Bridge device. See the cp2102 driver listed below.
In most cases you will not need to change or modify the existing system firmware as the CP2102/9 UART interface implements all RS-232 signals which includes control and handshaking signals. You can download the cp2102 driver listed below.
What is Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART?
The Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART is a range of devices made for serial communication. The CP210x is a USB 2.0 full-speed function controller as well as a USB transceiver, oscillator with an EEPROM and works with the RS232 protocols. You can also write to it and change its ports.
How to install the CP2102 driver
You can see here how to install the CP2102 drivers. Install the drivers be this Linux or Windows and then use the software from there. You will first need to test the Ports on the bridge and you will need to see how to test the ports and then implement this in your system.
Another way to update the CP2102 USB to UART bridge driver is by using the Device Manager, which is a tool in Windows. This tool helps you manage all the devices connected to your computer. Here’s how you can do it:
First, right-click on the Windows logo and open the Device Manager. When it opens, you’ll see different categories. Double-click on ‘Other Devices’ to see more options.
Find the CP2102 USB to UART Controller, right-click on it, and then click ‘Update Driver.’ A window might pop up asking for your help. Click on ‘Search Automatically for Driver Updates.’
Follow any instructions that appear to finish installing the CP2102 driver. After it’s done, restart your computer.
That’s how you can update the driver using the Device Manager. If this doesn’t work, you can try another solution.
Use Device Manager for CP2102 Driver
To get the CP2102 driver set up on your Windows computer, just go through these steps:
Access Device Manager:
- Right-click on the Windows logo.
- Open up the Device Manager.
- Find the CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller under “Other Devices.”
- Right-click on it.
Update the Driver:
- Select “Update Driver” and follow the on-screen instructions.
Download If Needed:
- If you don’t have the driver, grab it from the official website.
- Run the installer and click “Install” or “Continue Anyway” when it asks.
Keep in mind, these steps are tailored for Windows 10, but they’re likely similar for other Windows versions. If you’re on a different operating system, the steps might be a bit different.
CP2102 USB to UART bridge controller driver?
Likewise the CP2102 USB to UART bridge controller will need a driver which you will need to download and install. Additionally these are the Windows drivers and well as the Linux drivers. Lastly see how to install and test the ports on the CP2102 UART bridge and implement it from there.
How to install CP210x driver?
Download and install the CP210x Windows driver as shown above. You will need to install it and then check in the Windows 10 Device Manager and see it it reflects correctly. If there is an error then right click and uninstall and then try to re-install the driver again.
Difference between CP2102 and CH9102F
The CP2102 and CH9102F are like those translator gadgets that turn USB language into UART language, but they’ve got some differences:
- USB Stuff: The CP2102 uses a CP2102 USB to UART bridge, while the CH9102F uses a CH340G chip. The CH340G is kind of like that friend who sometimes messes up; it’s not as stable and might give you more trouble. On the other hand, the CP2102 is like the reliable friend who doesn’t cause many problems.
- Pin Party: The CH9102F has 6 GPIO pins (like special communication lines), while the CP2102 has 4 GPIO pins. Having more pins on the CH9102F is like having more room for cool gadgets or tools if you’re into creating stuff.
- Money Matters: The CH9102F is a budget-friendly option compared to the CP2102. It’s like choosing the cheaper snack at the store that still tastes good.
Just remember, even though these gadgets do similar things, they’re not exactly the same. Always make sure the one you pick fits your needs and works with your setup.
Deciding between the CP2102 and the CH9102F really comes down to what your project needs. Here’s a breakdown in simpler terms:
- Reliability: If you want your project to run smoothly without hiccups, go for the CP2102. It’s like the trustworthy option that’s less likely to cause problems.
- Money Matters: If you’re on a tight budget, the CH9102F is the cheaper choice compared to the CP2102. It’s like picking the more affordable option that still gets the job done.
- Pin Power: If your project involves connecting more cool gadgets or tools, the CH9102F might be your go-to because it has 6 GPIO pins. It’s like having extra outlets for your electronic devices.
Just remember, make sure the one you pick matches what your project needs and works with your setup. See the cp2102 driver download below. This is the latest cp2102 usb to uart bridge controller driver Windows 10 64-bit driver.
CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Driver – Windows (Win 7.1 +Win 8)
CP2102 to UART Bridge Driver – Windows (Windows 10)
Likewise there is also the Linux driver.
Download Latest CP2102 Driver:
CP210x Universal Windows Driver (Version v11.3.0 Date: 6/24/2023)
CP210x VCP Windows (Version v6.7 Date: 9/3/2020)
CP210x VCP Mac OSX Driver (Version v6.0.2 Date 10/27/2021)
Latest MAC OSX driver.
CP210x Universal Windows Driver (Version : v11.1.0 Date : 3/22/2022)
CP210x VCP Windows (Version : v6.7 Date: 9/3/2020)
CP210x Windows Drivers (Version: v6.7.6 Date: 9/3/2020)
CP210x Windows Drivers with Serial Enumerator (Version: v6.7.6 Date: 9/3/2020)
Driver 10/29/2021 / Version 188.8.131.529