This is the USB 3.0 Driver for Windows 7. The USB 3 driver below is mainly used by Lenovo computers for the – Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller as well as the Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Root Hub. This was the last driver released in 2012 by Lenovo and was used on the products as listed below. Search this website for more options if this is not the driver you are looking for.
USB 3.0 Driver for Windows 7
This is the usb driver for Windows 7 64-bit free download which you can download below. You will note that this is a Windows 7 as well as lower or older oprerting systems. This was originally designed for the Windows 7 system. You will need to download the zip file below and then extract the content of the file.
Click on the EXE file and the driver will then install the USB 3 driver onto your computer. Bote again this this will use the USB 3.0 driver for Windows 7 64-bit hp which means that it will also work on the Hewlett Packard as it does on the Lenovo as the hardware is the same. Download and install the usb driver for Windows 7 below.
- Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit, 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit, 64-bit
Also the older Windows XP being the original and the SP@ updated operating system.
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition SP2
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3
Installing the USB 3.0 Driver for Windows 7
As stated above you only need to download the zip file and extract the content and then you will need to click on the EXE file in the file. If you are using Windows 10 then you can also follow the same procedures. Download the USB 3 driver below and extract the content. Then right-click on the file and click on “troubleshoot compatibility” as you can see from the picture on the side.
Windows 10 will then attempt to install the driver in an emulation mode of Windows 7. You will then see the system shows that it found new hardware. You will need to restart your computer after this. Lastly also see the Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Driver as well as the USB 2.0 PC Camera Driver for Windows 7 file.
- ThinkPad T420, T420i, T420s, T420si
- ThinkPad T520, T520i
- ThinkPad W520
- ThinkPad X1
- ThinkPad X1 Hybrid(*1)
- ThinkPad X220, X220i, X220 Tablet, X220i Tablet
Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller features
The Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller, particularly the µPD720202 model, offers impressive features:
- USB 3.0 and xHCI Compatibility: Works seamlessly with USB 3.0 and xHCI 1.0 specifications.
- PCIe Gen2 Compatibility: The system bus aligns with the PCIe Gen2 specification.
- Versatile USB Ports: Provides two USB ports supporting Low-Speed, Full-Speed, High-Speed, and SuperSpeed.
- Compact Design: Packaged in a 48-pin QFN package for efficient space utilization.
- Low Power Consumption: Remarkably reduces power usage in low-power mode to 4.5mW, a 90% reduction from previous Renesas Electronics products.
- Enhanced Data Transfer: Optimized data transfer processing circuit results in over 40% faster effective data write speed compared to previous models.
- Firmware Download Function: Incorporates a firmware download function, eliminating the need for an external serial flash ROM.
These features highlight its efficiency and power, making it an excellent choice for managing USB 3.0 connections. If you have any further questions or need additional information, feel free to ask.
Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller known issues
here’s a summary of the known issues with the Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller:
- Sleep Mode Problem (Windows 10): Some users experience USB 3.0 ports ceasing to function after putting the computer in sleep mode (S3 state). This issue prompts an error in the device manager and requires a computer shutdown and power cord unplugging to resolve.
- Driver Issues: Certain driver versions have been linked to blue screen problems. Users have faced challenges finding updates through Renesas Support. Also, there are compatibility problems with specific USB devices, like older Kingston 8 GB USB 2.0 flash drives, which do not occur when using USB 2.0 ports on the system.
- Driver Installation Problems: Instances have been reported where the Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller does not install correctly.
Please keep in mind that these problems might not affect all users and could often be resolved through actions such as updating or reinstalling drivers. Checking for compatibility issues with specific devices can also be helpful. If you encounter any of these issues, seeking technical support or consulting online forums might provide potential solutions.
Download usb driver for Windows 7
(Click on accept as Chrome blocks the file)