The Visioneer Strobe 400 scanner was another low cost and portable scanner from Visioneer. The Visioneer Strobe 400 driver has been added below. Much like the Visioneer Road Warrior 2 the Strobe 400 has been discontinued however the USB driver for the Strobe 400 has been listed below for downloading.
Visioneer Strobe 400 Driver
The Visioneer Strobe 400 driver came with Microsoft Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP (SP2) certified TWAIN and WIA drivers. This Microsoft driver has been added below. There was no Linux driver for this scanner from Visioneer. Note that this scanner also made use of the OneTouch 4 software which was very popular when it came out.
The Visioneer Strobe 400 is a versatile scanner equipped with various features:
- Power Source: It can be powered through a USB port or a wall power adaptor.
- Speed: It scans an image in duplex mode within 6 seconds.
- Image Enhancement: Offers automatic crop, deskew, and thresholding image-enhancing features.
- Scanning Destinations: Capable of scanning to 6 front panel selectable destinations.
- Scanning Capabilities: Can scan documents, plastic ID cards, checks, and business cards.
The Visioneer Strobe 400 scanner boasts a high resolution of 600 DPI, ensuring clear and detailed scanning of documents. In its class, it stands out with the following features:
- Portability: Slim and lightweight, measuring 11.6″ x 2.5″ x 2″ and weighing only 22 ounces, making it one of the world’s smallest cross-platform document scanners.
- Duplex Scanning: Offers duplex scanning, capable of scanning both sides of a page in just 6 seconds.
- Versatility: Can scan a variety of documents, including plastic ID cards, checks, and business cards.
- Environmental Friendliness: Considered a “green” scanning solution, it promotes digitization of documents, reducing the need for faxing, reprinting, or copying, saving time, money, and valuable resources.
However, please note that the product has been discontinued, so finding new units for purchase might be challenging. If you’re in the market for a scanner, you might want to explore newer models or other brands with similar features, considering your specific needs and budget. Likewise see also the USB Drivers for Android Devices on here.
How to install Visioneer Strobe 400 driver?
Here’s a simplified version of the steps to install the driver for the Visioneer Strobe 400 scanner, designed for easy understanding:
To Remove Previous Versions:
- Click on the Windows icon in the bottom left of your screen.
- Right-click and select “Programs and Features”.
- Find “Visioneer Inc.” programs, right-click the driver and One Touch (OT) software, and choose uninstall. Follow the prompts until complete.
To Install the Driver:
- Visit the Visioneer Scanners support page.
- Search for your scanner model and download the latest TWAIN/WIA driver.
- Locate the downloaded file in your “downloads” folder, double click on it.
- The scanner driver Setup Wizard opens. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
Please remember that these instructions are tailored for Windows 10. If you use a different operating system, the steps might vary slightly. Always check for any additional instructions provided by Visioneer during the installation process. Likewise as well as OneTouch 7100 Scanner.
The Visioneer Strobe 400 scanner is versatile and compatible with various operating systems:
Windows: Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
Mac: Supports Mac OS X 10.4 and above.
Before installing the scanner, ensure your computer’s operating system is compatible. For different operating systems, check the manufacturer’s website or contact support for compatibility information. Additionally, confirm your computer meets system requirements like sufficient memory and hard drive space. Always install the latest driver for optimal performance. See also the Visioneer OneTouch 9120 Drivers on this website.
To find out if your scanner supports TWAIN or WIA drivers, you can follow these steps:
- Check the Manual or Product Box: Look into the product specifications mentioned in the manual or on the product box. If you don’t have the manual, you can often find it online on the manufacturer’s website.
- Visit the Manufacturer’s Website: Manufacturers usually provide detailed product specifications, including supported drivers, on their websites.
- Use a TWAIN Compliance Test Tool: Tools like Twacker can help determine if a scanner is TWAIN-compliant, ensuring compatibility with TWAIN drivers.
- Check Computer Settings: If your scanner is connected to your computer, inspect the device properties in your computer’s Control Panel or Settings.
Remember, always download drivers from the official manufacturer’s website to ensure they are up-to-date and safe to use. If you’re uncertain, don’t hesitate to contact the manufacturer’s customer support for assistance. There is also the OneTouch 6600 as well as the OneTouch 6200 Scanner as well.
You can download this software on this website to continue using your scanner. Also note that support for Windows 2000 has ended with OneTouch 4.5. If you are going to install the driver on Windows 10 or on Windows 11 then you can download the file and extract the content. From there you will need to right-click on the setup file. You can also look at the PCChips A31G SiS VGA driver.
(Clock accept as Chrome blocks the file)