This is the rtl8187 wireless driver windows 10 you need to download. If you have upgraded your operating system then errors can occur with the RTL8187 from Realtek. This should solve your issues with getting your system back online. Its takes a bit of PC knowledge. Follow the directions below and see also the driver for Windows 10 below. The other RTL8187 drivers can be found on this website.
RTL 8187 wireless driver windows 10
The error code (code 31) usually shows up when you attempt to use the adapter in Windows 8 and Windows 10. Follow the instructions below and this error should be solved.
Uninstall the current driver:
- 1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager;
- 2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall;
- 3. Right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall;
- 4. Reboot the computer.
Once the computer has restarted install the driver below which is a beta driver and this will normally works on the Windows 10 operating system for the Realtek RTL8187 wireless adapter. Likewise also see the RTL8187Wireless Driver Windows 7 as well as the RTL8187 Wireless Driver Windows 7.
The Realtek RTL8187 is a wireless network card, but it can cause problems for people using Windows 10. Some issues include the device not working after Windows updates and the computer becoming unstable. Here are some ways to fix these problems:
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Device:
- Go to Device Manager, remove the device completely, and delete the driver files. Then, restart your computer. If Windows tries to install the device but fails, that’s okay.
- Update the Driver:
- Try installing the newest drivers for Realtek RTL8187. If the latest one doesn’t work, try running it in compatibility mode with Windows 7.
- SFC Scan:
- Run an SFC scan on your computer. This helps find and fix corrupted files.
- Clean Boot:
- Perform a clean boot on your computer. This helps figure out if any other apps or items are causing the problem.
Remember, it’s really important to keep your drivers updated for your computer to work well. If none of these solutions work, you might need to think about getting a different wireless network card or adapter. Lastly also see the Trim in Windows 10 as well as the Fix Sony MTP USB Driver.
The System File Checker (SFC) is a tool in Windows that helps you find and fix corrupted system files. It’s really useful for checking your computer’s health and making sure everything works properly. Here’s how you can use it:
- Open Command Prompt as an Administrator:
- First, you need to open a special type of Command Prompt. If you’re using Windows 10, 8.1, or 8, you should run another tool called DISM before using SFC.
- Run DISM Tool:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealthand press Enter. This helps prepare your system for the SFC scan.
- Run SFC Scan:
- After DISM is done, type
sfc /scannowin the Command Prompt and press Enter. This command will check your system files and fix any issues it finds.
- After DISM is done, type
- Wait for the Scan to Finish:
- The scan might take a while. Don’t close the Command Prompt window until it’s 100% complete.
After the scan, you might see different messages:
- If it says “Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations,” it means your system files are okay.
- If it says “Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation,” there might be a problem that SFC couldn’t fix.
- If it says “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them,” it means SFC found and fixed some issues. You can find more details in the CBS.Log file.
Remember, it’s important not to close the Command Prompt until the scan is completely finished.