This USB 3 driver from Realtek is was released in October 2015. Once this driver is installed then your embedded card reader software will give you the ability read and write data with supported memory cards.This gives you access to MMC, SD, SDHC, micro SD, and many others that can be used with smartphones, cameras, tablets, and related products.
This is a Windows 10 version for the Realtek USB 3.0 Card Reader and it is linked to their website directly below. You can download this driver and install it to make your card reader work. Note that this is a .cab file so it needs to be installed as follows:
- Right-click on the link below and save to your computer; (Its a small file)
- Go to Device Manager on your computer (right click on My Computer);
- Then you must choose Manage and then find Device Manager in the left panel;
- Now Right-click on the hardware device you wish to update and choose Update Driver Software;
- Choose the location where you downloaded this file too.
The .cab files are a bit difficult to install. They are small and download the rest of the driver from the main website onto your computer directly.